Boost Mobile Buy Back Program ("Program") is a wireless collection program that is available only at buyback.boostmobile.com (“Online"). By participating in the Program, you agree that you are bound by these Boost Mobile Buyback Program Terms and Conditions as well as any other written services and transaction materials that Boost Mobile (“Boost”) may provide you with or refer you to during the Program transaction and any confirmation materials that Boost may provide or refer you to. You also agree that your participation is governed by Boost’s Mobile’s General Terms and Conditions of Service ("Ts&Cs"), which are available at http://support.boostmobile.com/service_policies/terms.html and that these terms and conditions are incorporated into the TS&Cs. This Program is included in the definition of Services in the Ts&Cs. For purposes of interpreting these terms and conditions and the Ts&Cs with respect to this Program, "Boost" includes Boost’s agents, vendors, and suppliers that provide any of the underlying products and services that comprise the Program. Boost reserves the right to modify the Program, these terms and conditions, and the Ts&Cs at any time without notice in its sole discretion. If you do not agree with the modifications, your sole and exclusive remedy is to not participate in the Program.
1. Eligibility. To receive a Buyback Credit (defined below), you must be a new or existing Boost customer with an active account with a recurring service charge in good standing both when Boost receives the device and when Boost issues the Buyback Credit. Existing Boost customers may participate Online. New or existing customers may participate in the program In-Store at a participating Boost-owned store or a Preferred Retailer Boost store. The Program is not available at all locations. The Program is not available to minors: you must be at least eighteen years old to participate. For each 12-month period, you may only return five devices per active line of service for a Buyback Credit. If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, you can return any inactive device to Boost Project Connect.
2.1 Types of Credits. The Program offers a credit that will be applied to your Boost account ("Buyback Credit"). An eligible Buyback Credit will be applied to your account within 90 days of Boost’s receipt of an eligible device. Boost's issuance of a Buyback Credit is dependent upon your trade-in of an eligible device. Boost does not offer refunds or cash reimbursement through this Program.
2.2 Credit Eligible Devices. Specifically identified Boost and other U.S. carrier devices are eligible for a Buyback Credit. Boost devices submitted for a Buyback Credit must have been previously active for a minimum of 30 calendar days on the account specified on the information that you provide Boost. Buyback Credits will only be issued for eligible devices that are in working order and have a valid electronic serial number ("ESN") or international mobile equipment identity ("IMEI"). Devices submitted under the Program must not be currently activated on any wireless network.
2.3 Ineligible Devices. Devices that do not meet the criteria contained in these terms and conditions will not be eligible for a Buyback Credit, and Boost will not return the devices. If Boost determines that any device that you submitted to this Program is ineligible, lost, or stolen, then Boost will not issue you a Buyback Credit, and Boost will not return the device.
2.4 Device Value. When you submit your device information to Boost, Boost will give you a valuation quote. You must accurately state the make, model, condition, and quantity of the devices. If you do not accurately state this information or fail to include all accessories with the device (for example, battery, extra battery, device cover, or earplugs), then Boost may adjust the valuation quote in Boost's sole discretion without notice. All valuation quotes are within Boost's sole discretion, and valuation quotes may change at any time in Boost's sole discretion without notice. If you submit your device Online, Boost must receive the device within 45 days of the date that you receive your quote or the amount of the Buyback Credit and eligibility of devices could change.
3. Data / Personal Information Removal. Boost typically attempts to erase data, which may include contacts lists, call history, email, SMS files, calendars, photos, videos, ringtones, and web browsing history, from devices collected through its wireless recycling programs. However, Boost cannot ensure that any personal data will be removed. Boost encourages you to remove all data from devices before you provide it to Boost. Boost is not responsible for any data that may be on devices. Consult the user guide or the manufacturer for more information about how to delete data from devices. Here are eight simple tips to help you erase your personal information.
4. Deactivation of Service on Devices. You must deactivate all services to your devices. Boost is not responsible for previous or subsequent wireless charges accrued to your devices prior to or following your participation in the Program. If you incur any charges, it is your responsibility to pay these charges.
5. Boost Cannot Return Devices. Boost will not be able to return any device that you submit to the Program for any reason, even if you request that Boost return the device within the timeframes contained in the Boost return policies, which are available at http://www.boostmobile.com/return-policy/index.html.
6. Device Title. By participating in this Program, you represent that you have title, ownership, and interest in the devices you submit, and you transfer the title, ownership, and interest in the devices to Boost. You agree that Boost will not have any liability in excess of the accepted trade-in value for the devices that you submit to this Program.